Friday, July 30, 2010

Title Change - Being a Fit Gamer

So I recently realized that my blog was attempting to steal the name of another, called "Ineffablog" but I stamped out that revolution before it got out of hand, Bay of Pigs style.  I initially spelled it wrong which is why the domain was available, since then I've had to change it.

Explanation:  The Gamer Muscle (as far as I know I've coined this phrase) refers to the slab of meat in between your thumb and pointer finger.  If you make a fist and wrap your thumb over your finger and flex (as if your making a hand puppet talk), and only if you are a true gamer, this fine cut of controller-mashing sirloin should stand out as a pinnacle of trained perfection... one to be truly proud of.  But something else to be proud of is being healthy and fit (if only to live longer to play more games!!!!!%@!), which our kind sometimes has an issue with.

Now let's be honest, there is a gamer stereotype out there that permeates our culture that we are all fat slobs who have no life and tend to have awkward social skills.  It may be true, but it's also a stigma that I would love to erase from the face of mass-media and social norms alike.  Although it is a challenge, it's not incredibly hard to maintain a healthy social relationship with others, keep your self trim, have a 40 hour week work schedule, and still quench the thirst to slay that damn Fatalis that's haunted you for months (for all you Monster Hunter's out there) or watch Hideo Kojima's latest 45-minute cutscene without being interrupted, or conquer the entire Swadian nation (Mount and Blade for those not in the know... damn Swads).

I'm not claiming to be a work-out guru, (I'm not the most ship-shape individual but I can climb a tree if there's a flesh eating ghoul at my heels) however, I know there are fellow virtual-conquistadors out there that may want to work on their image and if I can help you with that I certainly will.  Drop me a line, comment, whatever, and let me know what you are interested in doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment